Advice and tips on caring for your dentures
- Only your dental professional is qualified to adjust your denture or partial.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, large nylon denture brush with round-ended bristles.
- Use denture creams or a mild hand soap to clean your denture instead of toothpastes, which are too abrasive and will scratch and damage your denture. Rinse with cold water.
- Do no place your denture in hot water as doing so may warp your denture.
- Inspect your denture regularly for worn teeth. Worn and stained dentures can make you look older and cause your dentures to function poorly.
- Have loose dentures checked immediately as they can cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and bones.
- When not in use, cover dentures with water or a denture-cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out.
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for new dentures every 5 years.